Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Engl685 Redux

  • Who 
    • Who cam I gather information from about JP syllabi?
    • Who can provide me with comparative materials?
    • Who would be a good resource for rhetorical manuals based on syllabus composition?
  • What
    • What are some of the ethical concerns with this project?
    • What are the questions I want to ask of the materials I'm assessing?
    • What do I hope to prove/change through my research?
  • Where
    • Where in Japan would be best to focus my material studies?
    • Where can I look for faculty with tangential research focuses?
    • Where would I need to get permission from to publish my findings?
  • When
    • When do the "mass syllabi" get changed/updated in Japan?
    • When do I have enough theory to start analyzing primary sources?
    • When do I know I have enough data to begin drawing conclusions?
  • Why
    • Why Japan and not an English-speaking country?
    • Why look at syllabi instead of lesson plans, or other course materials?
    • Why?
  • How
    • How can I apply what this project will teach me to other projects in the future?
    • How does syllabus rhetoric affect class understanding/productivity?
    • How do syllabus structures function in relation to comprehension?

No comments:

Post a Comment